I was recently challenged by the Co-op to make some delicious halloween recipes, they sent over box full of everything I needed to make some spooky treats, so lets see how I got on.
Spooky Toothy S'mores
200g Pack of Chocolate Cookies
5tbsp Strawberry/ Raspberry Jam
70g Mini Marshmallows
5 Pieces Liquorice
This one is my favourite of all the treats, I just think they look great and they literally are so easy to make and take a few minutes.
- Heat grill and lay out 5 cookies on the baking tray.
- Spread jam and top with marshmallows, slotting in liquorice in any gaps.
- Place under the grill for 20 seconds till marshmallows are golden.
- Get other 5 cookies and spread with jam, place on top of other cookies.
Spooky Jelly Bowls
2 packs of jelly
- Make two different coloured jelly
- Fill cup 1/3 of the way
- When set, add another layer of another colour
- Once set add the final layer of the first colour used
- Add squirty cream if you like (i don't thats why i didn't)
Red food colouring
- Draw scary faces on 6 eggs in permeant marker
- Soft boil all eggs
- Add red food colouring into the yolk
- Make dagger shapes with brown bread.
Pumpkin or Skeleton lollypop
Co-op Mallow Bones marshmallows
- Bake brownies
- Place lollypop at the end of brownie to create the head
- Using chocolate spread place down the mallow bones to create a Skelton figure
I really hope you enjoyed these creations as I really enjoyed making them and it put me in the Halloween mood! To find any of the ingredients I used visit the Co-Op website here.